Sunday, December 28, 2008

1986

Many Vancouverites remembers 1986 as the year of Expo Vancouver. For me, it's the year my story begins in Canada.

There's so much to remember. Fresh air, endless blue skies, tall trees, cleanliness, courtesy, roommates... a lot of good memories. A lot of things happened that year.

I came here with my sister and a whole bunch of others who became my classmates. Michael, Peter, and Marvin became my roommates, and Vincent, Daniel, Ken, Ben were very good friends of mine. Back then, we were all away from home in this foreign land. We depended on each other for company and support, and we were like a family. I still keep contact with some of them.

School was not too difficult, managed to ace a few subjects. I liked the attention and status I received back then... it's funny, but it's like you are one of those top students others come for advice. I certainly wasn't the brightest back in my hometown, so the sudden elevation of status is definitely a good feeling.

I remember the weekly grocery shopping trip to Extrafoods, and some times to China town. The bus trip to school, the billiard game at the apartment lounge, Lougheed mall, chuck n cheese.. haha.... cameron library... chinese cinemas at broadway station...

Those were the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment